EXPERT MOLD REMOVAL FOR YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
Many homeowners and business ownersunderestimate the danger of mold. Many types of mold are hazardous to your health and can damage the structure of your building, especially black mold which is often found in bathrooms and basements. Mold grows indoors on wet or damp surfaces such as carpets, ceiling tiles, wallpaper, insulation material, wood and drywall. Mold can start to grow within 48 hours after flooding or other water damage, and if not removed in a professional and timely manner, can have serious impact on personal health and cause damage to your property’s physical structure.
If you notice the presence of mold in your home or business, contact the industry leading mold removal experts, ServiceMaster Restore of St. Catharines. We are here to help remove mold and prevent potential health risks and long-term damage to your property.
THE DAMAGING EFFECTS OF MOLD
All molds have the potential to cause health concerns such as:
- breathing difficulties
- allergic reactions
- aggravation of asthma symptoms
- skin irritation
Some molds, such as toxic black mold, can cause more serious reactions and illnesses including:
- respiratory problems
- chronic coughing
- organ toxicity
- hypersensitivity reactions
Molds gradually destroy whatever they grow on and can grow anywhere:
- HVAC system
- Furnishings and more
WHEN IT COMES TO MOLD, QUICK ACTION MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE
Mold growth can occur following water damage or flooding. Fast, efficient action is essential for effective mold removal, and especially in the case of black mold. By eliminating the water source and implementing rapid drying, ServiceMaster Restore of St. Catharinescan put a stop to toxic mold growth in your home or business.
ServiceMaster Restore of St. Catharines: AN INDUSTRY-LEADING MOLD REMEDIATION SERVICE PROVIDER
With 65 years of experience andexpertise, our company is a leader inthe mold removal and mold remediation industry, with highly trained technicians and the professional-grade techniques, products and equipment necessary for proper and effective mold removal. We assess each situation and establish the most effective mold removal procedures to meet the needs of your particular home or business property.
PREVENT MOLD GROWTH BY STARTING WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION EARLY
Because mold can start growing within 48 hours, it's important to respond quickly to flooding and other water damage. We use professional and highly effective drying techniques and monitoring tools to measure your property’s temperature, humidity and moisture content to test, assess, remove and remediate mold.Taking immediate action can make the difference between a small problem and a much larger, costly and more difficult to remedy situation due to mold growth.
Make sure your living or work environment is healthy and free of toxic mold, by contacting ServiceMaster Restore of St. Catharines for professional mold removal services immediately following any incidences of water damage, or as soon as you see mold or experience unpleasant musty odours in your home or business. Beginning mold assessment and removal procedures as soon as possible will prevent further damage to your property and potential health hazards.
Contact ServiceMaster Restore of St. Catharines today for professional mold removal services. You can trust our 65 years of experience and expertise in the mold remediation industry. We’re here to help prevent potential health risks and long-term damage to your property due to mold growth.
WHAT CAUSES MOLD GROWTH?
- Any organic food source, including cellulose in paper, wood, or drywall, natural fibres, and even soil
- Moisture or excess humidity in the air
- Moderate temperature, especially between 20 - 30°C
- Stagnant, stale, non-ventilated air
When allowed to grow, mold causes discolouration and damage to building structures and materials. Significant amounts of mold impact indoor air quality, requires specialized remediation techniques and is costly to remove.
What is that smell?
Usually, if it smells like mold, it is mold. Mold or mildew odours are due to the presence of fungi in the air, inside pipes or walls, or hidden in other parts of your commercial property. Mold is thicker than mildew, so if the smell is particularly strong, that’s a clue that it’s mold and you need to act fast to prevent further growth.
What causes mold in my home?
Excess moisture caused by leaks or flooding in your home — especially in typically damp environments like your kitchen, laundry room and bathrooms — creates the perfect breeding ground for mold or mildew. To control and reduce the risk for mold growth in these areas, you must properly maintain your plumbing system and monitor appliances that use large quantities of water, such as dish washers and washing machines. Small amounts of indoor mold are unavoidable and usually harmless. In damp environments, however, mold spores can more easily reproduce and cause more serious and difficult to remove mold problems.
Mold Prevention after Water Damage
While water damage can be a serious enough issue on its own, it can lead to even greater issues if the damage is not dealt with properly. Water damage from flooding or from firefighting efforts can lead to the development of mold, which is d